Sorrow As Man Gets Electrocuted By High Voltage In Delta Community After Years Of Blackout (Photo)


Residents of Ubulu Uku community in Aniocha South Local Government Area of Delta State are mourning the death of 21-year-old Peter Akabueze who was electrocuted.

The case appears to be that of ‘blessing turned sour’, as the community which had survived without power in the last six years, now lost a member due to high voltage power.

The tragedy occurred when Peter attempted to turn off a control switch at his family house.

Esther Okolie, a corporate affairs operator, sympathising with the family of the deceased said, it was a result of a failed insulator and the shattered insulator led to the high voltage.

Although she further said that it was discovered that Peter’s hand came in contact with a live wire, which was used to illegally extend supplies to another apartment.

A lawyer, Pascal Ofulue, explained that several factors were to be considered in order to ascertain who is liable.

As the family painfully accepted the loss, the community’s distribution company had been advised to improve the distribution lines in order to stabilise voltage and prevent a recurrence.

Source; Channels Tv

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.